Heather's Health Tips
Healthy Drink - Immune system booster (aka: “LOVE JUICE”)
Add the following ingredients to your blender or Vitamix:
- 2 inches of raw ginger root (peeled)
- 1/3 cup of organic lemon juice (I suggest buying "Santa Cruz" brand, organic lemon juice from any of your favorite grocery stores).
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar (or more, if you can handle it!) and make sure you buy organic, with the mother apple cider vinegar (ACV). Remember, this must be the ACV "with the mother" on the label), other ACV's will NOT work. "Bragg" is a brand that I often buy but there are many other organic brands out there in most grocery stores. If you buy it in a glass bottle, just make sure it's the one that looks cloudy with little floaty bits in it -- that's the live culture that our bodies LOVE.
- Add 2 tablespoons unpasteurized honey, more of less if you like - but if you think you might have H-Pylori - then use Manuka Honey. It is the only type of honey that will flush out the nasty H-Pylori bug.
- a sprinkle of cayenne pepper - ~ 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon is lots. Again, you can use this based on your personal taste. Cayenne is great for reducing blood pressure and getting rid of parasites. Cayenne is also good for men. Cayenne can help to reduce an enlarged prostrate.
- Add water to fill your blender.
- Blend until ginger is completely broken down.
Put this in a pitcher and you can keep in the fridge. It shouldn't last more than a few days since you'll be drinking it as your "go to" drink. You can even put 1/2 a glass of water and 1/2 a glass of this mixture together as your drink or drink it as it is. When your tolerance increases for the ACV, go ahead and add more ACV. It sure won't hurt and you'll be impressed with the results of over all health improvements. ACV is a terrific probiotic and along with the organic lemon juice, it helps your gut to become more alkaline. Parasites and other unwanted microbes have a difficult time surviving in a good alkaline body. This means you have a better opportunity to stay healthy, happy and strong.